The Secret to Success 

In Ways to Deal with Emotions I laid out the steps that a person can take to find the true meaning behind their emotions. However, putting these steps into action is just the first part in being a success. Now that you have your emotions in check I can begin explaining the “Secret to Success”

When traveling to a certain destination it always helps to have directions on how to get there. What happens when you don’t know the directions? You end up getting lost. The same goes for life but on a much larger scale. With that being said the first part to the “Secret to Success” is knowing the road ahead. Seeing what is in front of you will give you the ultimate advantage of anticipation.  A wise man once said, “You can’t anticipate and lead unless you first lead yourself.” When someone anticipates the obstacles that arise in their life they can begin to put a plan into place allowing them to live the life they have always dreamed. 


We can’t read minds or predict the future so how can we anticipate? The answer is engagement.  Being fully engaged will work wonders in your life. When talking of engagement I’m referring to how you go through your daily activities. How do you interact with others? Are you fully engaged, partially engaged, or not engaged at all? When someone is fully engaged there is no limit to what they can do. But when someone is partially engaged or not engaged at all, the result is slim to none. 

A study shows that 13% of all employees worldwide are engaged at work. That means only one-eighth of the global workforce is engaged in their daily activity. That leaves the 87% of the global workforce disengaged. Remember when someone is fully engaged the results are limitless. But a person that is partially engaged or disengaged gets little to no results at all. Something needs to change. 


The problem is we live in a society where there is enough knowledge but what people are really searching for is wisdom. One way to put that knowledge into action is to get a competitive edge. Learning the Science of Achievement (going from where you are to your goal) is a must when trying to achieve any goal you have set. What is your goal? How will you get there? Engagement is the key to getting all your needs met. When you can meet the needs of someone else, your needs can be met just as easy. 

Success without fulfillment is failure. Being fulfilled isn’t something anyone else can help you with the only person capable of giving you fulfillment is yourself. Look for those people, events, or whatever else truly sticks out to you. Those will be the stepping stones to living a successful life. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s